The Store!

onsdag 6 februari 2008

I'm back with Karel :o) and a froggy freebie too!

Hey all!
I'm so excited, I'm back with Karel at Craftyaccents, I used to be in her CT until she decided not to have a CT for a while, but now I'm back again! This lady has some really cute and original kits in her collection, she's making them into art ;o) Here's some examples of her newer kits:
Birds of a feather (Commercial use)
Daisy Delight
Happy Hearts (Commercial use)
Hare Mail
Hoppy Spring
Junkfood Junkie (Commercial use)
Luck of the Irish
Spring Annie
The Sweetest Bears (Commercial use)
Welcome Spring

What do you think? Aren't these cute?? Me, I love them.. and here are some lo's I've made with Karel's kits:
KIT: Bears Baskets & Berries price $1

Kit: Thanksgiving Memories

Kit: A flannel fall, price $1

I made more lo's but here are some samples, if you want to see more, please look backwards in the blog, november 2007 is a good example ;o)

Now we're moving on to today's freebie..
I first thought I'd do some overlays, but I really didn't feel inspired for that, so I ended up with some clips and tags instead, hope you can use'm ;o) Here's the prewiew:

I sure hope you will send some of your layouts my way, so we can see what happened to our creations (Me and Leaonna I mean..*lol*)
If you're not a designer, you have NO idea how much it means to have a look at what people make every once in a while.. to see others make something from your stuff, that you'd never have thought about yourself, gives such a boost to create something more!! Same thing about the simple saying thanks..
LOTS of people don't, and I can admit I didn't either at first, but I once visited one of my favorite blogs, Ditters and Doodles, and the designer over there, said she'd stop designing since she kept finding her creations on other people's blogs and even in stores, but claimed to be somebody elses. (How a designer can steal from somebody else is nothing but a mystery to me.. isn't it kinda obvious it'll be discovered sooner or later? Imagine the reputation the stealing designer could get.. yikes!)
That plus the fact that a freebie with like 1000 downloads got maybe 20 thank you's.. can you imagine how disappointed that woman was?

Me, I take it as a compliment to even get a download, but I sure look thru the comments and it makes me really happy to see them.. It takes almost no time, but it means so much.. so please, don't just assume that designers should be happy for each download.. some are, of course, but others need some feedback or a nice comment if they are in a lack of inspiration!

Just a little reminder, doesn't mean you have to say thanks all the time of course, but if you knew how much time was spent on every single item in your freebies, maybe even you would have wanted a thank you or a comment about it if YOU made it! Ever thought of THAT? *lol*

Oh well, off to the freebie I guess.. grab it here. Me, Im about to make some other items and I also need to make a friend a favour and well, it never ends, but it's great fun! Take care, all of you! And, ok.. if you want a sneak peak of our upcoming site (NOT DONE , but at least you can get a clue about the look) click here!
Hugs to you all!
Jessica

6 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

WOW looks like I might be first to download and leave a comment.. Thank you so very much for sharing and I can't wait to open this zip file. *LOL*
Keep up the cute works.
*HUGS*
Carolyn

Anonym sa...

A CT with yet another designer. Good for you. The talent is never ending. looks like I'm gonna have to add her to my list. Theres alot of interesting things over there. I am learning alot from you and hope to keep learning. Lo's coming your way soon. XOXO :)

Anonym sa...

Thanks for the cute freebie.......congrats on joining up with Karel again....I love her work also.

Anonym sa...

Jessica, I agree with you how devistating that must be to a designer! Almost like loosing a loved pet, only you have something stolen from you! Shame on the person or persons who do that, but God's Law, What goes around always comes back!!!! I believe several fold!!! Thank you for the Feeling Froggie Clips they are just adorable!! Deb P

Unknown sa...

LOVE the layouts sweetie....Lucas is adorable....

Anonym sa...

http://lumerkoz.edu So where it to find, http://www.lovespeaks.org/profiles/blogs/buy-flagyl steep http://soundcloud.com/avodart impressed http://talkingaboutwindows.com/members/Buy-Ciprofloxacin/default.aspx dehydration http://rc8forum.com/members/Buy-Synthroid.aspx typed http://www.lovespeaks.org/profiles/blogs/buy-norvasc dictate